Recipe: Rainbow Vegetabowl
What better way to eat vegetables, than in a VegetaBOWL?
You may have heard of “Buddha bowls”, which are based with grains, such as quinoa and rice. Although these are a great way to add whole grain servings to your day, our twist with the “Vegetabowl” uses riced vegetables as the base.
We encourage you to eat your vegetables, always, in any way you can. With Vegetabowls, getting colorful veggies into your day has never been so easy!
Check out the recipe below for a simple way to amp up your vegetable intake, with bright, fresh, and delicious flavors.
- 1 bag riced cauliflower, frozen
- ½ lb Brussels sprouts, quartered (approximately 1 C)
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, whole (for extra color, consider buying those with a variety of colors)
- ½ C corn, fresh or canned (drained)
- ½ C chickpeas, whole from can (drained)
- ½ red or white onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ C basil, chopped
- handful of fresh mini-mozzarella balls (approximately 15 balls)
- drizzle of Balsamic dressing
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- On baking sheet, toss all the vegetables, aside from the riced cauliflower and basil, with olive oil and salt/pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes on a foil-lined baking sheet, tossing halfway.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook cauliflower rice according to package directions.
- When cauliflower rice is done cooking, evenly portion into two bowls.
- Top with roasted vegetables, basil, and mozzarella balls.
- Drizzle bowl with Balsamic dressing. Enjoy!
For the mozzarella: feta or cubed tofu or chicken breast
For the riced cauliflower: riced broccoli or other riced vegetable option