Recipe: Rainbow Vegetabowl
What better way to eat vegetables, than in a VegetaBOWL?
You may have heard of “Buddha bowls”, which are based on grains, such as quinoa and rice. Although these are a great way to add whole grain servings to your day, our twist with the “Vegetabowl” uses riced vegetables as the base.
We encourage you to eat your vegetables, always, in any way you can. With Vegetabowls, getting colorful veggies into your day has never been so easy!
Check out the recipe below for a simple way to amp up your vegetable intake, with bright, fresh, and delicious flavors.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb Brussels sprouts, quartered (approximately 1 C)
- 1 C cherry tomatoes, whole (consider buying a variety of colors)
- 1/2 C corn, fresh or canned (drained)
- 1/2 C canned chickpeas, (drained)
- 1/2 red or white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bag riced cauliflower, frozen
- 1/4 C basil, chopped
- Handful of fresh mini-mozzarella balls (approximately 15 balls)
- Drizzle of Balsamic dressing
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- On sheet, toss all vegetables, except riced cauliflower and basil, with olive oil and salt/pepper. Roast 25 minutes, tossing halfway.
- While vegetables roast, cook cauliflower rice according to package directions.
- Evenly portion cauliflower into two bowls. Top with roasted vegetables, basil, and mozzarella balls. Drizzle with Balsamic dressing. Serve immediately.
For the mozzarella: feta or cubed tofu or chicken breast
For the riced cauliflower: riced broccoli or other riced vegetable option