Health Insurance and Billing Information
- Self-pay visits are billed at a rate of $110 per hour or $55 per half hour.
- Rescheduling or cancelling an appointment requires a 24-hour notice. Anyone failing to do so will be assessed a $75 cancellation fee.
- Payments are collected at time of service.
- We accept cash, check, and credit card payments.
- As a courtesy, we are able to submit out-of-network claims directly to your insurance company on your behalf.
We gladly accept Blue Cross/Blue Shield of North Carolina insurance, where most plans cover nutrition services with little to no out-of-pocket cost to our patients! Please click the logo for instructions on how to verify your benefits.
We are also an in-network provider with UnitedHealthcare. Coverage, copays, and visit limits vary based on your plan. We are happy to check into your coverage.
Patients with other insurance providers may still have nutrition coverage. Please call your insurance company and ask:
- Do I have out-of-network nutrition counseling benefits?
- Do I have any restrictions based on diagnosis?
- Is there an applicable copay or coinsurance?
- Do I have any visit limits?
Having this information available before you schedule your appointment will help us help you have the smallest out-of-pocket expense possible for nutrition services.