Recipe: Overnight Carrot Cake Proats
This protein oats recipe features carrot cake ingredients that will have you thinking you’re enjoying dessert for breakfast! Sweet breakfast pairings appeal to many but can result in a bit more effort and creativity to incorporate protein or non-starchy veggies. This breakfast is an all-in-one plate method recipe featuring whole grain oats as the starch, protein powder, and carrots for a serving of veggies.
For a quick swap or additional recipe idea – you could swap in shredded zucchini with only 1 C almond milk for the carrots (for a zucchini bread vibe). Great for meal preppers and folks on the go, the protein and fiber in this quick, make-ahead recipe will keep you fueled throughout your morning.
Overnight Carrot Cake Proats
- 1 C rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp raisins
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 1 C carrot, finely grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 C almond milk, unsweetened
- Palmful of walnuts (Optional)
- Mix oats, cinnamon, allspice, chia seeds, raisins, and protein powder in large bowl.
- Add carrot, vanilla extract, syrup, and milk. Mix well.
- Divide mixture evenly into 3 mason jars. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Add walnuts before serving.
- For the rolled oats: gluten free oats
- For the vanilla protein powder: collagen peptides/powder
- For the cinnamon and allspice: 1 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- For the carrots: 1 cup finely grated zucchini (use only 1 C almond milk)
- For the almond milk: oat milk, soy milk, or coconut milk
- For the walnuts: 1 Tbsp nut butter
Recipe modified from: Fit Foodie Finds