Recipe: Smokey White Bean Dip
If chickpeas aren’t your thing, hummus probably isn’t making the cut as your midday snack or potluck contribution. Don’t miss out on all the great nutrients that beans provide, like manganese, magnesium, & fiber, just because you don’t like the chickpea.
Try out this incredibly easy and delicious bean dip recipe below, paired with any of your favorite healthy dip-ables!
- 1 can white beans (~16 oz.), drained and mashed
- juice of ½ lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- 1 Tbsp mayo
- ½ Tbsp green onion, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- Drain can of beans and mash in bowl until smooth.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Place in serving bowl and top with more green onion, if desired.
- Enjoy with one or a mixture of the following:
- grain-free Siete chips
- tortilla chips
- cucumber slices
- baby carrots
- celery stalks