Recipe: Creamy Tropical Green Smoothie
What’s better during the hot summer months than a creamy and dreamy glass of tropical goodness that is entirely Plate Method? We can’t think of much! This smoothie has you covered with light and refreshing veggies, sweet fruit, satisfying avocado, and a scoop of protein to boot. It puts those other standard smoothies to shame and is really quite delicious.
Feel free to be flexible. This recipe is versatile. If you’re missing one veggie, double up on the amount of the other. Given the high water content and mild flavor, these ingredients contribute fiber and hydration but aren’t the primary stars of the show. The fruits provide a balance of sweetness and energizing carbohydrates to fuel you for hours when paired with the healthy fats in the avocado. To make it a meal, we suggest adding a scoop of unflavored or vanilla protein powder of your choosing.
This ingredient combination is meant to create a thick smoothie. The fiber-rich vegetables and avocado make the smoothie creamy enough that it could also easily be served in a bowl.
Creamy Tropical Green Smoothie
- 1 large stalk celery, chopped into large pieces
- 1/4 medium cucumber, sliced into coins
- 1 handful spinach
- 1/2 small banana
- 1/3 C frozen mango
- 1/4 large avocado
- 1 scoop unflavored/vanilla protein powder of your choosing
- 4 ice cubes, plus more to taste
- 1 C water, plus more to taste
- Combine all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth, blending-in more liquid or ice as needed to achieve desired texture.
TIP: Leftover avocado? Stick it back in the fridge with both halves (seed included!) stuck together and store in sealed container. Eat within 1-2 days for maximum freshness (some browning on edges is common).
- For the spinach: baby kale leaves
- For the banana: 1/2 C papaya
- For the mango: pineapple
- For the protein powder: collagen peptides