Recipe: Creamy Tropical Green Smoothie
What’s better during the hot summer months than a creamy and dreamy glass of tropical goodness that is entirely Plate Method? We can’t think of much! This smoothie has you covered with light and refreshing veggies, sweet fruit, satisfying avocado, and a scoop of protein to boot. It puts those other standard smoothies to shame and is really quite delicious.
Feel free to be flexible. This recipe is versatile. If you’re missing one veggie, double up on the amount of the other. Given the high water content and mild flavor, these ingredients contribute fiber and hydration but aren’t the primary stars of the show. The fruits provide a balance of sweetness and energizing carbohydrates to fuel you for hours when paired with the healthy fats in the avocado. To make it a meal, we suggest adding a scoop of unflavored or vanilla protein powder of your choosing.
Creamy Tropical Green Smoothie
- 1 large or 2 small stalks celery, chopped into large pieces
- 1/4 medium cucumber, sliced into coins
- 1 handful spinach or baby kale leaves
- 1/2 small banana
- 1/3 C frozen mango or pineapple
- 1/4 large avocado
- 1 scoop collagen peptides or unflavored/vanilla protein powder of
- your choosing
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 C water, plus more to blend easily, as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth, adding more liquid as needed or preferred, to achieve desired texture.
- This ingredient combination is meant to create a thick smoothie. The fiber-rich vegetables and avocado make the smoothie creamy enough that it could also easily be served in a bowl.
Leftover avocado? Stick it back in the fridge with both halves (seed included!) stuck together and store in sealed container. Eat within 1-2 days for maximum freshness (some browning on edges is common).