Recipe: Easy Strawberry Salad
Warmer weather means welcoming back seasonal salads!
The colors in this dish make it oh so pretty and provide a bounty of nutrients. Strawberries are the highlight with their sweet taste and large amount of vitamin C to promote skin and immune health. One serving of strawberries has over 150% of your recommended daily intake! Strawberries also have additional antioxidants from a class of phytochemicals (chemicals found in plants) called anthocyanins.
Enjoy this colorful dish as a side or consider adding more nuts, cheese, or chicken to make it a Plate Method meal!
Easy Strawberry Salad
- 6 C spring mix salad greens, pre-washed
- 16 strawberries, stems cut off and thinly sliced
- ¼ C pecans, chopped
- ¼ C red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ C feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ C red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- In a large bowl, stir together the lettuce mix, strawberries, pecans, red onion and feta cheese. Lightly drizzle with red wine vinegar and olive oil, toss to evenly coat salad mix. Serve immediately.
- For the spring mix salad greens: spinach or any mixed greens
- For the strawberries: blueberries, mandarin oranges, or dried cranberries
- For the pecans: sunflower seeds, slivered almonds, or pine nuts
- For the feta cheese: goat cheese or gorgonzola cheese
- For the olive oil and vinegar: balsamic vinaigrette, poppy seed dressing, or raspberry vinaigrette
Recipe modified from: Live.Love.Texas