Recipe: Watermelon Fries with Tangy Citrus Dip
Few foods are as quintessential to summer as the rosy, red watermelon. Nutritionally, it’s an all-star selection rich in lycopene for disease prevention. Plus, containing about 92% water, it is sure to help keep you hydrated!
If you’re thinking of serving watermelon at your next summer gathering why not elevate the melon experience with a fun and flavorful dip that is super simple to make? Slicing watermelon into sticks or fries makes dipping a breeze.
This dish works well as a side or dessert and just may help to cool you down in the summer heat!
Watermelon Fries with Tangy Citrus Dip
- 1 medium, seedless watermelon
- ½ C plain, Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lime juice (approximately ½ lime)
- 1/3 C orange juice (approximately 1 orange)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp cardamom
- ¼ tsp chili powder (Optional)
- pinch of salt (Optional)
- Wash outside of watermelon thoroughly and dry well to ensure stable surface for slicing.
- With a sharp knife, cut watermelon into 1-inch wedges and remove rind. Slice sections into long, fry-like shapes. Set cut pieces in storage container or on serving platter.
- In small serving bowl, mix Greek yogurt, lime and orange juices, honey, and cardamom.
- Serve watermelon (sprinkled with chili powder and salt, if desired) alongside yogurt dip.
Recipe modified from: Abbey’s Kitchen