Recipe: Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cranberries
We aren’t exaggerating when we say this dish is good enough to eat with breakfast, as a mealtime side, or for dessert. Sweet with a touch of savory, chewy with a bit of crunch, and of course the lovely flavor pairing of cinnamon with sweet potatoes almost guarantees this dish will be a hit. And despite its show-stopping flair, it’s a one-pan recipe that is easy enough to prepare any day of the week. Not feeding a crowd? Reduce the ingredient amounts by half. But also know it reheats fabulously as leftovers!
Cinnamon Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Cranberries
- 5 large sweet potatoes, skin on and scrubbed well, cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 C dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp pecan pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line large baking sheet with foil.
- In large bowl combine sweet potatoes, cranberries, coconut oil, maple syrup, cinnamon, and 1/2 tsp salt. Toss to coat.
- Spread mixture in single layer on baking sheet. Roast 35- 40 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are easily pierced by fork.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tsp of salt and pecan pieces. Serve warm.