Recipe: Superfood Granola
A homemade snack mix that is brimming with satisfying superfoods and surprisingly grain-free? Yep! No oats in this granola-esque snack, which makes it a versatile option to include while following the adjustment plan.
This mix is energy-packed, thanks to nuts, seeds, and dried fruit providing satiating protein, healthy fats, and fiber. Not to mention it has the perfect blend of crunchy and chewy as well as salty and sweet. Enjoy it as a stand-alone snack or stirred into your favorite regular or dairy-free yogurt.
- 1 C nuts
- 1/4 C Medjool dates
- 1 orange
- 1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 C dried cherries or cranberries
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp heart seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop nuts. Chop dates. Wash orange. Zest 1 tsp orange peel. Halve orange. Squeeze 2 Tbsp orange juice. Place in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to same large bowl. Mix well. Spread in single layer on baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes. Mix every 5 minutes to prevent burning.
- Store in airtight container.