Recipe: Roasted Chicken with Tomatoes & White Beans
August 30, 2022Recipes
Is it just us, or is there something about roasting chicken that just feels like classic cooking? Rather than the typical whole chicken roasting recipe, which often requires a good bit of prep time, we’re using just the breast. The high heat of roasting speeds up cook time and creates a more pronounced browning of meats. With the technique of searing, we lock in the juices to ensure a tender end result.
We rounded it out with classic Italian pairings for a nearly complete meal. Another perk of this recipe? It’s just enough to serve two. Whether that’s dinner for you and another or just a meal that guarantees leftovers, we’re pretty sure this dish could become a fast favorite.
Roasted Chicken with Tomatoes & White Beans
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 1 1/2 C cherry tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled (or 6-8 tsp jarred minced garlic)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp Italian Herb Seasoning Blend
- 1 C canned Great Northern/Navy/White Beans, drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- In oven-safe skillet, warmed to medium-high heat on stove top, add oil. Heat until oil shimmers in pan.
- Add chicken. Sear, cooking only surface of chicken, 3 minutes.
- Flip breast. Sear opposite side, 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and garlic to pan. Season entire dish lightly with salt, pepper, and Italian herb seasoning.
- Add skillet to preheated oven. Roast 18-22 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165˚F.
- With 5 minutes remaining, add beans to skillet. Stir. Place back in oven to heat through.
- Remove skillet from oven. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Halve chicken breast and divide contents of skillet between two plates to serve.
- For the chicken: shrimp, tempeh, or cod (prepared accordingly)
- For the tomatoes: sliced sweet peppers (orange, yellow, and/or red)
- For the seasoning blend: dried basil, oregano, rosemary, and/or thyme