Recipe: Roasted Asparagus with Garlic Bacon Aioli
November 1, 2021RecipesRecipes: Fall & WinterRecipes: Holiday
Most would agree that two ingredients will make almost any savory dish even more delicious: garlic and bacon. We put both into a bold aioli sauce to serve alongside this roasted asparagus… because, why not? Roasting is a lovely way to prepare vegetables that preserves some of their firm texture while enhancing their natural sweetness. We added a 1-2 punch of flavor with a sauce that’s a bit savory, spicy, and has a touch of tang. You just might be thinking of other ways to use this sauce before you’ve finished eating!
Roasted Asparagus with Garlic Bacon Aioli
- 1 lb asparagus, washed with ends removed
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
Garlic Bacon Aioli
- 1/3 C real mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or 1 tsp minced garlic from jar)
- 2 strips of bacon, finely chopped (reserve a small amount for serving)
- 1 tsp horseradish mustard
- 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves (or ½ tsp dried)
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Line large baking sheet with foil.
- Place asparagus in large bowl, drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat. Transfer mixture to baking sheet. Roast 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned, tossing halfway through.
- While asparagus is roasting, combine aioli ingredients in small bowl. Mix well. Set in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- When asparagus is golden brown, remove from oven and transfer to serving dish. Serve with garlic bacon aioli and topped with a few bacon crumbles and black pepper, to taste.