Recipe: Sweet Honey Flax Breakfast Bowl
The phrase “part of a balanced breakfast” accompanying tricolored sugary cereals may be a bit of a stretch. Eating a truly balanced breakfast can set your day up for success! This means carbs, healthy fats, protein, fiber, and tons of nutrients. Flax seeds are an all star ingredient, and can help make breakfast delicious and well-rounded. This small seed has protein, fiber, and healthy omega-3 fatty acids, which are vital for health and fighting inflammation.
This microwavable breakfast bowl is easy and nutrient-packed! Top with your favorite fruit for a decadent, rich, and balanced breakfast.
Sweet Honey Flax Breakfast Bowl
- 1/4 C flaxseed meal
- 1/2 C coconut cream
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 egg
- Mix flaxseed, coconut cream, egg, and honey well in bowl.
- Microwave for 45 seconds. Remove from microwave and mix. Mixture may be clumpy.
- Microwave for additional 45 seconds.
- Remove from microwave and add desired toppings.
- Fresh or frozen berries
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- Banana slices
- Pinch of chia seeds
- Drizzle of favorite nut butter