Recipe: St. Paddy’s Green Avocado Chia Mousse
Here at Summerfield, we have a love of food and a genuine excitement about the versatility of healthy ingredients. We’re all about more veggies at meals! Avocados are a sneaky underdog in the versatility department. They take on many forms other than guacamole. Thanks to their bright green color, avocados offer a visually appealing element to many dishes.
What we love most is the oh-so-creamy texture they provide which works well in place of dairy for a richness that is unmatched. Another fabulously decadent dairy swap is coconut milk. These super-star ingredients pair together with the magical thickening power of chia seeds to create a dairy-free mousse that comes together in just a few minutes. If you think we’ve outdone ourselves, you’re right. All the more reason to give this dessert a try!
St. Paddy’s Green Avocado Chia Mousse
- 2 whole avocados
- 1 C full-fat coconut milk, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- Reddi-Wip non-dairy coconut whipped cream (Optional)
- rainbow sprinkles (Optional)
- Add avocados, coconut milk, honey, and vanilla to blender. Blend until creamy.
- Remove from blender and add to medium mixing bowl. Add chia seeds and combine. Refrigerate, 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately in individual serving cups or large serving dish, topped with optional coconut whipped cream and sprinkles.