Recipe: Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken & Veggies
Sheet pan meals strike gold again with this pesto chicken and veggie dish. A bold and flavorful sauce like pesto plays a starring role, pulling together almost any protein and vegetable combination. While classic basil pesto works great, you could also consider a sundried tomato pesto for a fun twist.
This recipe works great for plate method meal prep, incorporating all three elements. Portions can easily be divided into single-serving containers for reheating at lunchtime. Check the list of ‘swaps’ to customize your creation or add variety to this dish, which may easily become a go-to favorite!
Sheet Pan Pesto Chicken & Veggies
- Cooking spray or oil
- 1 lb red baby potatoes
- 1/3 C jarred basil pesto, divided
- 2 crowns broccoli
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- Mozzarella cheese (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 °F.
- Line large baking sheet with aluminum foil or grease baking sheet with cooking spray or oil.
- Dice potatoes into about ½-inch thick cubes. Add to a large bowl with about ½ pesto. Toss until well coated.
- Add potatoes to baking sheet, place in oven, and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Chop broccoli crowns into florets. Add broccoli, pint of grape tomatoes, and spoonful of pesto to large bowl used for potatoes. Toss well to combine.
- Chop chicken into 1-inch pieces. Add to separate bowl with remaining pesto. Toss well to coat.
- Remove potatoes from oven. Add broccoli, tomatoes, and chicken to sheet pan, carefully spreading mixture into one layer.
- Place baking sheet back in oven and cook for 20 minutes (or until center of chicken is 165°F)
- Divide into 4 servings, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese (if desired) and enjoy!
- For the chicken: chicken thighs, tempeh, pork tenderloin, or shrimp
- For the potatoes: Yukon gold potatoes, tricolor potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, or sweet potatoes
- For the veggies: carrots, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, parsnips, onion, asparagus, green beans, onion, or mushrooms