Recipe: Cinnamon Raisin Almond Cookies
When embarking on a journey of healthy lifestyle changes, some messages imply a need to restrict certain foods. Other times, we may find we truly don’t tolerate particular ingredients well and are left wondering what to choose that still aligns with your unique goals.
Enter these gluten free, dairy free, vegan cookies which are easy to make and incredibly tasty. A few ingredient swaps and upgrades ensure a sweet treat that is suitable for some of the most common dietary considerations. If you’ve been missing a little something sweet in your life, bake up a batch of these chewy, cinnamon cookies which are sure to nourish your belly and soul.
Cinnamon Raisin Almond Cookies
- 1 1/2 C almond flour
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 C maple syrup
- 1/4 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 C raisins or dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/4 C sliced almonds (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In medium bowl, combine almond flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking soda. Stir to combine.
- In small bowl add vanilla, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Mix well. Add wet mixture to dry ingredients. Stir well until completely combined. Fold-in raisins and optional sliced almonds.
- Use tablespoon to portion dough onto prepared baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between each mound. Bake 15 minutes, until cookies are golden-brown around the edges. Remove cookies and allow to rest on pan 2-3 minutes. Move cookies to wire rack to cool.
Recipe from: Paleo Sweets by Kelsey Ale