Recipe: Buttery Lemon Shrimp Zoodles
It’s fun to say, but even more fun to eat: ZOODLES! Try swapping out your standard spaghetti noodles for this non-starchy spiralized zucchini option. Luckily, you can find zucchini noodles pre-made in most produce sections, or consider getting a spiralizer yourself to make zucchini noodles at home. Pair with shredded carrots, which cook similarly & give additional color and flavor.
Buttery Lemon Shrimp Zoodles
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 C shredded carrots
- 3 C “zoodles” (spiralized zucchini noodles)
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Lemon
- Seasoning choice:
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder, 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 Tbsp Trader Joe’s 21 Seasoning Salute
- Cheese choice: (Optional)
- Parmesan, Romano & Asiago Cheese Blend
- Grated Parmesan
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- In large pot, melt butter on medium heat.
- Add shrimp and seasoning of choice to pot (If using minced garlic to season, add garlic first and allow garlic to cook in butter for about 1 minute before adding shrimp, stirring consistently).
- Cook shrimp for about 5 minutes, or until they are opaque and pink.
- Juice half of lemon over the top of shrimp and stir, cooking for another minute or so.
- Transfer shrimp to bowl, leaving liquid in the pot.
- Add Zoodles & carrots to pot and cook for 8 minutes.
- Add shrimp back to pot, cook all ingredients together for another 3 minutes, juicing the other half of lemon on top.
- When serving, top individual portions with sprinkle of cheese of choice.