Recipe: Microwavable Pumpkin Mug Cake
The bright orange color of pumpkin doesn’t only match Halloween decor & that mason jar filled to the brim with candy corn; that gorgeous festive pigment also means that pumpkin is loaded with beta-carotene (or Vitamin A!). Did you know that just ONE cup of pumpkin puree contains 763% of the amount of Vitamin A you need per day?!
Just like having the coolest Halloween costume at the party… Vitamin A is super important. Proper amounts of this fat-soluble vitamin are vital for skin, tissue, and muscle health. Not to mention that beta-carotene acts as an antioxidant in our bodies as well, which means it helps repair and fight cellular damage.
For a delish and fluffy pumpkin-based dessert, try our easy microwavable pumpkin mug cake below. This easy dessert contains 100% of the Vitamin A you need daily.
Microwavable Pumpkin Mug Cake
- 1/4 C pumpkin flour (We used Glean’s Pumpkin Goodness – Flour and Powder)
- other flour alternatives: almond or coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp honey, warmed
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Optional: Handful of chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in your favorite microwavable mug
- Microwave for 2 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Optional: Top with your favorite whipped topping!
- Happy Eating!