Recipe: Omelet Casserole
Baked egg dishes are a great way to infuse vegetables at breakfast while also preparing multiple servings for easy meals to reheat at another time. Or they can be a fast way to prepare eggs that isn’t a single serve cooking method! The sky is the limit regarding omelet add-ins but of course at Summerfield, we always think veggies are a great place to start. Now you’ve added fiber, vitamins and minerals to protein-rich eggs for a nourishing start to the day. Make it a plate method meal by pairing with your favorite breakfast starch!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 9 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 Tbsp pepper
- 1 C cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add olive oil and onions to pan on stovetop over medium heat and cook until onions start to become translucent (see-through). Add peppers and cook until soft.
- Combine onions, peppers, eggs, pepper, and cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray on all areas that will be touched by the egg mixture.
- Add mixture to baking dish.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Remove immediately to a cooling rack. Store unused casserole in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in microwave for 1 minute.
Tip: Add or swap the vegetables to suit your preferences. Recreate this recipe with any “omelet” fillings you like!