Recipe: Nutty Greek Yogurt Dip
Snacks don’t have to be complicated to be balanced and delicious, but they can be upgraded with a thoughtful pairing of protein, fiber, and fat – three key nutrients that help our bodies stay full and satisfied. This Greek yogurt dip with apple slices has all three components, making it a great snack for adults and kids alike! It comes together in less than five minutes or can be prepared in advance for an easy lunchbox addition.
Nutty Greek Yogurt Dip
- 1 apple
- 1/3 C vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp nut butter
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- Slice apple.
- Combine yogurt, nut butter, cinnamon, and hemp hearts in small dish. Stir into smooth consistency.
- Serve cooled.
TIP: Look for Greek yogurt with little to no added sugar. Many flavored Greek yogurts will contain added sugar, but plain varieties are a low-sugar and versatile option. You can always add a splash of vanilla extract or a drop of honey for a touch of sweetness, but we think this recipe is delicious as-is!
- For the apple: sliced banana or 1 C strawberries
- For the vanilla Greek yogurt: plain Greek yogurt
- For the nut butter: sunflower butter
- For the hemp hearts: chia seeds