Recipe: Roasted Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese & Pomegranate Seeds
Looking for a dish to bring to a holiday party? Look no further! We think this roasted butternut squash dish topped with goat cheese and pomegranate seeds will be a hit. This recipe serves 8-10 but can also be enjoyed as a starchy dinner side for 4 by halving the ingredients. The sweet and salty combo is bound to have your guests asking you to share this simple recipe!
Roasted Butternut Squash with Goat Cheese & Pomegranate Seeds
- 1 large butternut squash
- 1/4 C avocado oil
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 C pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line large baking sheet with tin foil.
- With sharp knife, remove and discard stem and bottom of butternut squash. Use vegetable peeler to remove squash peel and discard. Quarter squash lengthwise. Cut into similar-sized cubes. Spread in one layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle with avocado oil. Sprinkle salt over squash. Toss to coat.
- Roast 40 minutes or until squash is fork-tender.
- Remove from oven. Transfer squash to serving dish.
- Top with goat cheese and pomegranate seeds.
TIP: Try adding spices or fresh herbs for your own unique twist!
- For the butternut squash: sweet potatoes
- For the goat cheese: feta cheese